daisy

daisy

Thursday, July 16, 2015

"NO MORE!"

NO MORE is exactly what I said to myself last week while I was in Kohl's trying on clothes that were  a little too snug for my new body. However, seeing as this is my first post I think it would be a good idea to introduce myself before I explain . 

So, who am I?


My name is Christie I am a young, happily married college student with one year left until I graduate. Notice the emphasis on happily?? Well yes, I am married to an incredible guy who makes me very happy and whom I love very much, and although I do feel I could talk about him on and on until your ears fall off, my marriage is not what this blog is about. 

So what do I mean by happily?? 

Did you know that it is very common for newlyweds to gain weight the first one or two years of marriage? There are many reasons as to why this happens, but I just tend to call it happy weight and boy do I have a lot of happy weight on me right now! It also doesn't help that we are both college students and we spend most of our day sitting in classes, working, or sitting to study. We don't have a very active lifestyle, and if there is ever a moment in our day where we do have time to exercise we will always choose to cuddle up on the couch watching one of our shows on Hulu. However, NO MORE! 

Confession- When I first got married I weighed 140 pounds. When we started school I weighed 150, but today the scale told me that  I weigh 193.0 lbs!  I gained 53 pounds in 3 years! I cannot believe how badly I let myself go and how my poor eating and lifestyle habits are destroying me. Not only is my weight affecting my health , but it is also affecting my self-esteem. I wear a size M/L shirt depending on the shirt, and XL jeans. I don't know the exact number but the size 13 jeans I tried on last week did not fit, and I am too scared to see what number I might be because I am almost to the point where I will be wearing plus size clothes. I never thought I would almost weigh 200 pounds or that I would be border lining plus size and regular clothes.. so NO MORE!

My reason for writing this blog is so that I can journal my weight-loss journey, help keep me motivated and accountable, and I also want to track my progress so that one day I can look back at this whenever I feel down and see my accomplishments so I don't give up. 

My plan is to eat 1200 calories a day consisting of 3 meals and 2 snacks. I am going to do a mixture of workouts. I own T25 from Beachbody, so I plan on doing that every day along with Blogilates and Tone It Up Girls. I just love their videos and since T25 is only 25 minutes long, I believe the additional videos will be useful to help me tone my muscles. In addition to all of this, I plan on pursuing a more active lifestyle which includes walking and perhaps tennis. 

My goal is not to become skinny but to become healthy. I am not going to exercise or diet to be skinny but to be fit. I am not losing weight for others or for what society tells me is 'beautiful', rather I am going to do this for myself. I want to be able to feel comfortable in my clothes and in my skin again. God has created me with a beautiful body, and it is time to take care of what he has given me inside and out. 




xOXo-- Christie 





No comments:

Post a Comment